Wednesday 29 April 2009

It's Over!


Ladies and gentlemen of the world. I have now finished my semester at Royal Holloway University of London.

I had been waiting for this day for so long and now it's here... it's weird because it feels as if time has flown by but at the same time as if it's taken ages looking back on all the things I can remember of the term.

I met up with Tamsin and Liam - so good to see them after the Easter break - and we went to hand in our assignments. This was the first time I ever had to hand in assignments online as well as hard copy so that was a new experience. The hand-in room was buzzing with people excited to be finished, moaning how bad their assignment was or moaning about upcoming exams. I did a happy dance. As you can see... I'm just a blur of excitement.
Then we all went to the pub. I don't know if I've mentioned this but (one of) the university pubs is called the "Monkey's Forehead". This pub was full - of drama students. Because none of us have any exams all my classmates were in there drinking and laughing - really good to see them after the break. I ended up having several drinks (I don't need to say anymore) and had a very enjoyable, yet fuzzy, time. Tamsin had to go to a meeting so Liam and I went to see the Players show. It was extra funny given our state.
After that I went back to my room to recuperate before dinner with Miranda! She's back! Yay! Actually after I wrote the last blog she turned up at my door and it's been SO GOOD catching up with her and her German adventures. We are almost done planning our Europe trips which I am very excited about though nervous given this swine flu nonsense... She has booked her flight home on the 22nd of June which means I will be home around that time too! I'm starting to miss home a lot given that I'm now just hanging around in my room without assignments to do which is a bit sad. Online Monopoly can only entertain you to an extent.
It's kind of nice having all the girls back in halls - they are being quiet! Yay! Consideration yippee! I do miss having the bathrooms and showers to myself. Blocked drains and hair everywhere have returned but at least my footsteps don't echo freakishly as I walk the halls.
Miranda, Leonore and I are planning a day trip somewhere on the weekend so, hopefully, my next blog will be much more interesting - and educational - but mostly hilarious.

1 comment: